02 July 2008

Adventures at 7000 feet!

We have been having great adventures up here at Lakeview and though there are too many to document, I wanted to share a few of them so that people don't think I'm on vacation here...

One very exciting (read: scary, potential for danger, funny-after-the-fact) thing that happened yesterday is one of our campers had some boat problems. Now, if you remember that I am in charge of the boats, you get a prize. Being in charge of the boats means that if something bad happens with the boats, I am expected to fix it...Luckily for me (and for Tom, our poor camper who walked a really long way after beaching his motor boat) Uncle George told me about the extra fuel lines for the boats so when Tom told me that there was a problem with the line, it occurred to me that it would be a good idea to take a spare along just in case. We hoped in The LOVE Boat to speed to the rescue...turns out the poor boat was beached in a cove down the lake a ways and it was simply a problem with the fuel line not being connected all the way. We arrived at the cove and I was REALLY glad that I'm more comfortable driving the boat (do you drive a boat? Captain a boat? anyway...I digress...) than my mom because there were several really big rocks that prevented us from "smooth sailing" right up to the beached motor boat. The reason I am so glad I am a better captain is this:



That lady in blue in the freezing water? Yeah...MOM...If she had been a better captain--It would have been ME! So when it was time to go home after we "rescued" Tom, this is the ordeal we went through to complete our mission...
We still had to get Mom back into the boat and out past the rocks...Have you ever tried to get into a boat from a place where you can't touch the bottom but the boat sticks WAY out of the water in the front? We did it, but it was a challenge. Once we were back on our way, it was pretty funny and we were feeling pretty good about ourselves.
Another part of our "job" here as "THE Management" is to clean cabins for people coming in mid-week...Mom and I are excellent bed makers! Tyler helped (sorta...)
Tyler also provided his services as the life guard on duty...

However...the person he was mostly "rescuing" was himself. He practiced kicking in the water and I could only envy the thermal resistance layer of protection that God gives to children...


We also got to "rescue" my shoe that was tossed into the water like yesterday's garbage...we got to take the row boat...that thing is T-R-I-C-K-Y...

We also went on an Osprey Nest Sighting trip on The LOVE Boat...



Stay tuned for more adventures (and if you made it this far, you get a cookie!)

No comments: