09 July 2008

It's a tough job, but...

I know that it seems like all I do is work up here, but you'll be pleased to know I've also had a few opportunities for relaxation also!




Hmmm...Why does it seem like all my relaxation time is near the water? I must spend too much time there.

We also had a "Whole Camp" Campfire tonight and were lucky enough to have two very talented musicians in our group. Granted, most of the songs they sang were ones I didn't know (Beatles, James Taylor, various other old songs, etc.), but they also sang a few that I did know. I LOVE to sing! I'm not sure I'm any good, but so far I've never had anyone ask me to stop, so I'm going to take it as a good sign. Tyler also LOVES music (hmm, I wonder where he got that?) so he planted his chair in front of the guitar player and swayed...

Here is my favorite part of tonight's activity...What is it about a fire that is soooo mesmerizing? It makes me feel like sitting back, sipping a glass of fine (insert drink of choice) and thinking deep thoughts. But it also makes me want to tell jokes and funny stories...Guess I'm going to need more wood; this could take a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Love the swimsuit shot of Tanya on the dock holding up Tyler by the life vest.