22 August 2008

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

Who the heck cries at their own party? I know I didn't. So, for those of you who did NOT keep up with the countdown (shame of you!), yesterday was my actual birthday. It was the seventh anniversary of my 21st birthday! I was lucky enough to have people who love me enough to make me fantastic food...(I'm not sure what the meat market guy's name was, but...) It was a joint effort. Tri-tip, mashed potatoes, sweet corn and fruit...It just doesn't get any better...UNTIL the chocolate cake came out! I also was gifted an amazing bike and there is an add-on bike for Ty to ride along with me.

Thank you to Mom, Dad, Doug, Dale, Carol and Erin for their contributions to this awesome gift!

I also got another thing that I LOVE! Kim gave me an awesome granny squares afgan...I love blankets and don't think I could ever have enough.

Don't the colors just make you happy? They are so cheery!

Also, in a move guaranteed to age a person at least 30 years in one day, I learned to knit yesterday! Jessie came by the office yesterday to drop off some knitting books for Kim and me to peruse, but we roped her into actually teaching us right then and there! (poor Jessie never even knew what hit her). There is no photographic evidence of my first ever knittin, but how about my second attempt? Not too bad for a 45 minute lesson, huh? (keep in mind, this took me a couple hours to complete)

1 comment:

JHNickodemus said...

Yay for knitting, and chocolate cake. Older? Never.