23 January 2009

Give me an S! Give me an O! Give me a C! Give me a K!


What's that spell??? Sock...and that's what I'm making...right now, a sock but hopefully (eventually) a PAIR of socks :-) I have been inspired by Jessica's Never-not-Knitting Pondering Production posts and Cindy's "Shout it from the rooftops" post and thought I'd share what is consuming my time this week...



I am taking a break from my previous Slipper obsession to use this awesome hand dyed 100% merino wool yarn that I got for Christmas (thank you Mom and Dad)! I love how the yarn colors just kind of randomly change and blend and then there are some colors that just pop...and I'm getting much better at using these blasted double pointed needles...



I completed 3 pairs of slippers (2 adult sized and 1 Tyler sized) but only 2 made it into the picture:


I took advantage of the lovely weather we were having (before this blessed rain!) to knit outside while watching Tyler jump on the trampoline. Please note the absolutely adorable, and super comfy RED Adirondack Chair that Mom found at Target. I LOVE this chair, but it gets super dusty so I have to cover it whenever I want to sit in it.


On a side (and totally unrelated note) We went the other day to look for a new company car for Doug since we sold the van and Tyler had to knock every single car that he passed by:


I'm not sure where he learned that you have to turn your hand over (palm up) and knock with one crooked finger, but that is what he did to EVERY car so I'm sure he had a reason. When I asked him, he just said, "Because that is how you have to do it." Can't argue with that logic!

2 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

Wow! Can't wait to see your final sock product!They're tricky little buggers!

Anonymous said...

All this productivity is making me feel lazy.