26 February 2010

Lusting for Legolas

Not this one:
Although, I have "admired" this one for several years and if he were offered to me, I would not turn him down.

Today, I mean this one:

(photo from A Few Stitches Short)

This is the beautiful Legolas Kerchief. If you'll notice, it has elegant, elvish leaves dancing across the shawl and the color brings to mind mossy trees with swaying leaves. Well, at least it does for me. When I look at this shawl I can even smell the damp and the dirt of the forest and I imagine elves behind all the trees. This is one powerful piece of knitwear.

And God's sense of humor shows through... This is a free pattern. Yes, you heard me...Free Pattern. And by free, I mean like Clinique make up bags filled with goodies are free...Free Gift With Purchase. In order to get this free pattern, I am going to have to sign up for a "Fellowship of the Rings Series" of patterns/projects. This series has 7 other patterns themed from the Lord of the Rings book and they all look like really fun patterns. But the one I fell in love with is Legolas. Did I mention that all of the other patterns in the series are available for individual purchase? Not Legolas. Did I also mention that I have been wanting to purchase yarn from The Sanguine Gryphon for quite some time now and Legolas just happens to be knit up with 100% Silk yarn from this very place? Yeah...Sign ups start Monday March 1st for this Series.


(I am going to totally LOVE it!)

No comments: