04 January 2012

An Ode to Granny's Everywhere...

I have a particular obsession with Grannys....Granny Squares that is. I think they are so charming and, well....just happy. I love colorful granny squares, star/flower/hexi granny squares, simple granny squares. ALL granny squares really. After I took down my Christmas tree and was deciding what blankets to put up on my wall hanger, I figured there was no better time than the present to display my Grannys. Don't they just put a smile on your face? So cheery!

In other yarny news, I thought I would show off another of my other handmade Christmas presents. I made this little guy for my little guy:

As a side benefit, I also submitted it for a Nerd Wars project.

Sadly, Nerd Wars Tournament 3 has ended and I have to wait a whole month for Tournament 4 to start. I know....What will I do with my time? Well, I have a few ideas on that and will keep you posted on what I end up doing for fun until Feb 1st when I can resume my Nerd Wars obsession. Oh! And one more Nerd Wars project I completed (for my very own selfish self) is this scarf.
I swear, any little bright spot on these gray days is appreciated!

1 comment:

JHNickodemus said...

That scarf is fabulous! And so is gingy! And while I don't LOVE granny squares I do find yours rather appealing.