30 November 2011

Thanksgiving recap

I had a fantastic Thanksgiving and looking through the pictures deciding what to post has me drooling over the food and remembering the fabulous people all over again.

Here's what my plate looked like: Basically, the perfect (to me) Thanksgiving meal...Homemade cranberry sauce, dark turkey meat, mashed potatoes with my mom's gravy, green beans, yams with brown sugar and homemade bread rolls. Simply fabulous! Although I wasn't able to finish all this food, I still managed to make room for Apple Pie and Pumpkin Pie. I know gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins, but on Thanksgiving I really didn't care.

There was also music:This is another of my favorite things. Listening to my dad and uncles play their guitars and sing all the songs I grew up listening to. Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, Kris Kristopherson and many campfire songs feature heavily in the playlist. Mmmmm....Perfection!

There's also been a little bit of knitting. This is the project that I've been working on for a few days as an in between project after finishing my projects for Round 2 of Nerd Wars and waiting for the start of Round 3:

I also bought a new Camera (please note the capital "C"...This is a serious.business Camera...vastly different from my poor little point and shoot.) So far I've been enjoying it and look forward to learning more about composition, aperture and all those other foreign words that photographers bandy about like it's nothin'.

No comments: